We're here to keep you safe! Read our latest guidance for when you visit after 19th JulyFind out more
Why Our Pub is Great
The Mermaid in Ipswich is a great place to stay and a great place to eat. We’re all about family and food, with plenty of choice to keep everybody happy. Our lodge accommodation boasts digital television, free Wi-Fi, and en-suite bathrooms.
You don’t have to book a room to enjoy our fabulous food. Our daily carvery offers a choice of three delicious meats, temptingly displayed alongside seasonal vegetables and your choice of mash or roast potatoes. Our extensive menu is packed full of pub classics, indulgent puddings, and tasty sides. Everyone will be wowed by our cake display, filled with irresistible giant desserts, perfectly accompanied by our Nescafé Milano coffee range. You won’t be disappointed by our bar, either.
No pub is complete without a great beer garden, and we’re pretty proud of ours. Our alfresco dining area is the perfect place to enjoy a cold pint or a nice glass of wine on a hot day. Let the little ones enjoy the play park while you relax, or if it’s a dreary day, we have an indoor toddlers’ play area. The Mermaid prides itself on being one of the most family-friendly pubs in Ipswich. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Our Pub Facilities
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
Our food is full of flavour, created and served by chefs who love what they do. We believe that great tastes should be at the heart of every meal, and we strive to bring you a menu that reflects the preferences of the whole family. From traditional roasts, to more modern options, healthy eaters to vegetarians, there’s plenty on our menu to satisfy everyone.
All of our ingredients are ethically sourced: like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken and our responsibly-caught cod.View our Menus